Today is my amazing mother in law’s birthday! Happy Birthday Ann! I have a few tips and fun things that I do on birthdays for my kids that I thought I would share. It is never too late to start new traditions. I would love to hear yours as well….
I am not sure why I started this but I am glad I did…On the actual birth day I take photos from the time they wake up until they go to sleep. I have photos of when they wake up, breakfast, playing, lunch, naps, snacks, dinner etc. I also take a photo with the child at the time they were born as well. I have done this with both boys every year. Hubby even laughs because I don’t make plans or even travel on those days because it might mess up my photos! LOL
About a year ago I put together a layout comparing my boys first years…it was uncanny how similar they were to each other. They both had waffles/pancakes for breakfast, both had chick fil a for lunch where they tried something new and got a funny reaction….check it out! Do you do anything special for your kiddos birthday days?
Now on to the party…I will admit I do NOT like birthday parties at all. I have never had good luck with them and hate having my house destroyed by crazy kids. We usually go somewhere else to have a party. A few tips for getting those party photos…take a lot BEFORE the party guests arrive. Snap photos of the decorations, the cake, the birthday kiddo, food etc. Once the party gets going make sure you have a list of shots you want to get and have a friend or several friends with cameras to capture shots for you. Here are a few to make sure you get…
- A close up of the birthday cake (by itself and with the birthday child)
- The birthday child with their siblings/grandparents/parents/best friend/other family members
- The candles being blown out
- Children playing party games
- Party table showing the party food and drinks
- The birthday child opening presents
- A couple of wide shots showing the general layout of the venue and party decorations
- Close up shots of each of the guests
If you are looking for a kit to scrap those photos check out Let’s Party!